Saturday, September 18, 2010

BLUES MUSEUM - LELAND MISSISSIPPI













I think it's pretty safe to say that "The Blues" has a little bit of voodoo mixed in it.


A lot of the art displayed in the museum was three dimensional with such items at buttons, bottle caps, beads, metal findings and such.


This is Pat Thomas, son of James 'Son' Thomas.









I can't leave our neighbors in Mississippi out because during my travels this week I found a sweet little town in Mississippi call Leland. Leland sits on Hwy. 61 and is surrounded by Blues history. There's a Blues Museum here and I decided to give it a visit and I'm glad I did. Inside the museum I met a very interesting musician, Pat Thomas. Pat's father James 'Son' Thomas was very instrumental in promoting the Blues back in it's early days. Pat played his guitar for me the entire time I was there and even gave me a couple of his drawings he called, four legged cat and diamond eye cat. Who knows, maybe I'll have a masterpiece from the original artist one day, we can only hope. If you are ever in this part of the state and see the Blues Museum sign, stop by, it's definately worth the stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment